Friday, July 9, 2010

Indulgence is...(post 3)

Ok, I'm officially in love with "Suno Aisha" from Aisha. How big is Sonam Kapoor's wardrobe? I mean really? She's got such drool worthy stuff in there... Like the Mango top. And her bags! Oh my God her bags! I'm just waiting to start work to buy one of those. But you know maybe when I do start working, I wouldn't buy them. I am not brand conscious, I mean I have loads of kurtis which I have picked up from random streets. And hey, don't judge, they are very pretty. I do love brands. I love the cut, the fit the whole nine miles of it. But, here's the problem, I go shopping(that's not the shocking bit. I'm a girl you see),but and here's the bigggg but, I cannot get myself to indulge. Like for example yesterday, I had the money almost 5 grand and I didn't even spend a half of it. Its not that my parents can't afford it or anything, I just feel terribly guilty and I end up buying some really average stuff. So as a consequence I end up complaining I don't have good enough clothes. Which my mum thinks is bugging because she did give me the money to buy good clothes anyways. Is there a word which sums up what I've described? Actually there are two, a miser and a complainer. Is that even healthy? I mean being miserly? Not that I think clothes are a waste of money. I'd like to spend heaps of money on clothes, bags and the rest, but I don't and I feel miserable about it. Which is again stupid. When will you learn Manju? Sigh!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm.... Interesting!! Maybe subconsciously you are aware that, even if you shell out those 5gran and buy these cool clothes you wouldn be satisfied. I mean you would be drooling over Sonam Kapoors Clothes (The next time you do that, Dont forget to call me! No, Its not about the clothes) which probably cost 50 gran. Maybe the clothes you bought were really good. Maybe its Sonam Kapoor who is stealing the show in your head!
    So be happy with what you have and appreciate what others do. Sometimes in life what you get is better than what you want. It all depends on the way you look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its more of a case of having lead a good ideal and sensible life where you understand the value of money and seeing that you are getting some thing similar for a lower price you are not able to spend the extra bucks just for the brand. But a brand is not just about the name its about a standard, the finish which will be there in each and every piece of them . A brand is not something to flaunt but its a personal thing that makes u feel good. The fit,material quality, durability will always be better. In such a competitive segment like apparels you will always get your value for money whatever price range you are in so alwaysss buy what you can afford.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Panda.... Maybe you know me better than I do
    @Zapper... Yeah it wasnt to flaunt it... I did like those clothes a lot but couldn't get myself to buy them. Yeah it is true you can always get good tuff in whatever price you pay.

    ReplyDelete