Monday, November 8, 2010

On why I said nothing

Ok, I've been away for long, I know but the silence was not intentional. I did want to write badly but couldn't for a variety of reasons. Firstly, I've been suffering from a severe case of writer's block. I was so utterly devastated, I did not think it was something that would happen to me. Writing, I always thought came naturally to me. I tried to write forcefully, thinking habit would force me into writing, but that led to my most insipid and uninspiring posts. Period.
So what have been up to? I've started working. Its a completely different field, I can't say I'm loving it, but it isn't unbearable either. Plus, they pay well. I've really been in two minds these few days, about my writing and other things. Firstly, I don't know if I'm good enough that I can make it my career. You know, the thin line between it being your hobby which you excel at and it being your passion. I love writing, but I'm not so sure about my content. I'm a natural but I'm mediocre. I have nothing new to offer.
P was a my pillar of support, helping me navigate my uncertainities. Make no mistake, he was brutally honest. "You suck", he said:"in terms of creativity, you just can't keep drawing from your life again and again, you just don't seem to think beyond your life. But your language is pretty okay, passable even."
So thats when it hit me, I'll regret it for the rest of my life if I don't do something about my writing. I will go further and hone it, but till then, this is would my medium and you guys, my greatest critics.

No comments:

Post a Comment